SSS Rocketry is pleased to offer level 1, level 2, and junior level 1 high power certifications. There are a small number of requirements to get certified:
- You must be 18 or older (14 for junior L1)
- You must be a member of NAR
- You must use a certified motor (H or I for L1, J-L for L2)
- You must have built your own rocket
- For Jr. L1 and L2, there is an exam you must complete before your flight
In general, you can assume that high power certifications will be available if you check in with the club's section advisor on Saturday morning of a club launch. However, to be sure of availability, contact the SSS NAR Section Advisor ahead of time to be sure you can be taken care of. Certification flights and certification exams are both available.
As you build your rocket for certification, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, or if you need help acquiring your motor before the launch.
What to bring to the launch:
- Your rocket!
- A motor to certify with (please contact us if you need help getting your motor before the launch)
- Your NAR member number (this number is NOT the website number you see on the NAR web page)
- Knowledge about your rocket and its expected performance to answer questions during pre-flight inspection